Napkin No. 2
1) You. Who you are. What your talents are. What your skills and experiences are. Also: what are your aspirations? Specifically regarding your business concept, how do you see this business (if you were to start it) playing a role in your life?
Because I have a dog of my own I have experiences with the challenges I'm hoping to address. With grooming big dogs, when dealing with pet hair. My business hopefully would play a role in my own prevention of dog hair all over my clothes. I'm also a very busy person so I understand the needs of an on - the - go person.
2) What are you offering to customers? Describe the product or service (in other words, how you'll solve customers' unmet needs).
Since so many customers complained about the aesthetic look of their clothes with pet hair, my concept is a roll-up Velcro lint roller that is small enough to fit on a key chain to clean seats and clothes even when you've left the car and find some that you've missed. I also plan to have different colors and designs so it looks like an actual keychain. It's also a great tool to use if you're forgetful or cant see the hair before you leave the house.
3) Who are you offering it to? Describe, in as much detail as possible, the demographic and psychographic characteristics of your customers. Think especially of this question: what do your customers all have in common?
I'm offering it to dog owners specifically ones that care about their appearance or are allergic to pet hair and have breeds that shed. Specifically I'm going to be narrowing my target audience to women between the ages of 16-45 who are more interested in the deign aspect.
4) Why do they care? Your solution is only valuable insofar as customers believe its valuable to them. Here, explain why customers will actually pay you money to use your product or service.
It's portable, it's subtle so it won't be bulky to carry around, it addresses the issue of hair everywhere and it helps with the aesthetic of peoples appearance. It's also a trendy addition to a key chain.
5) What are your core competencies? What sets you apart from everyone else? Also: what do you have that nobody else has?
I have the design concept so hopefully customers will think its cute, and I have the portability aspect as well. It's also important to note that my product is guaranteed to work because it's not complex and will solve this simple yet annoying issue.
I think my target audience is a little bit weak because my product could potentially be marketed to a variety of people. However I feel by honing in on the design aspect I can be sure to get that group of consumers rather than take a bet on a larger demographic. The patterns and aesthetics will play a large part in my marketing.
For my feedback the point I got were my target audience wasn't specific enough or that it wasn't broad enough and could be marketed to many different people. From that I focused in on a very specific target audience and adjusted my product to appeal more to them.
I think my target audience is a little bit weak because my product could potentially be marketed to a variety of people. However I feel by honing in on the design aspect I can be sure to get that group of consumers rather than take a bet on a larger demographic. The patterns and aesthetics will play a large part in my marketing.
For my feedback the point I got were my target audience wasn't specific enough or that it wasn't broad enough and could be marketed to many different people. From that I focused in on a very specific target audience and adjusted my product to appeal more to them.
Hi Lainey,
ReplyDeleteIt is good that you narrowed down your targeted audience, and that you are using a specific design to help attract these customers. Even though you have a targeted demographic now, if more people outside your age range hears about it and likes the idea, it will eventually reach them even though they were not the initial target.