25A Whats Next
Existing Market
It would make sense for a new brand of more masculine patterns. I think the deign concepts can be expanded. It's easy for me to make several lines with both more feminine and masculine designs.
I think I could also relate to different age groups. Some for teens and some for adults. The existing markets could be very inclusive.
New Market
Instead of going for more aesthetic people I could market as a profit to unemployed persons with pets who are interviewing for jobs.
Person 1
20 living at home and looking for jobs
I think this would be a positive thing for me going out and looking for jobs but many of the jobs I'm looking at are virtual but even if it's a zoom interview I'd still wanna look my best. My dog sheds a lot.
Person 2
41 lives alone with dog recently laid off
This is kind've a perfect thing for me as I begin to interview. I spend a lot of time with my pup and I get covered with dog hair. I try and get it off but I always find some when I go in the light but I don't have a lint roller.
Reflect
I wasn't super surprising the feedback I got. I figured that older people would be more inclined to use my product. I don't think this would be better than my current product.
I think all my assumptions were correct. The age range was exactly what I predicted. I don't think the market size would be as big thus creating less profit.
ReplyDeleteHi Lainey,
I think the idea of expanding to include designs for men is something to look into. You mentioned that after your interviews, you did not see any potential to expanding the range of your products to include all ages, but the men in the age range you are targeting might see it as something they would want to purchase. You can get more feedback from that demographic, if you plan on expanding in the future.