Skip to main content

20A Growing Your Social Capital

1) Who they are and what their background is.
Jax Pierre owner of Magic Pets in Baldwin Park.
2) Which 'slot' you are filling with each person (i.e., domain expert, market expert, supplier), and how the person fills the spot.
Domain Expert becuase he knows about similar products and pet tendencies. 
3) A description of how you found the person and contacted the person.
I used to take my dog there all the time so I just emailed the site and asked for him.
4) The nature of the exchange you have with the person -- what favor did they do for you? What is the return expectation? 
We both have pit bulls and they love to play with each other when I used to go over so we have an almost friend relationship. There's no return expectation
5) How will including this person in your network enhance your ability to exploit an opportunity?
I'm sure he has knowledge on the kinds of pet products available so I can alter my product to be better based on his information. 

1) Who they are and what their background is.
Gerald Lee he's a worker at the Conway Dry Cleaners.
2) Which 'slot' you are filling with each person (i.e., domain expert, market expert, supplier), and how the person fills the spot.
Market Expert by knowing alot about peoples clothing and what makes the hair come off.
3) A description of how you found the person and contacted the person.
This place is right by my house and I get my clothes taken in by a woman there. I just called the number and asked to speak to them over the phone.
4) The nature of the exchange you have with the person -- what favor did they do for you? What is the return expectation? 
They know that I'm a pretty loyal customer already so the return expectation is me continuing my business. They helped by answering my questions
5) How will including this person in your network enhance your ability to exploit an opportunity?
They know what happens when people come in with hair coated clothing and the best way to fix it. They also can give me information on the frequency this happens so I can modify and reconsider my marketing approach.

1) Who they are and what their background is.
Javier Rodriguez a Publix associate.
2) Which 'slot' you are filling with each person (i.e., domain expert, market expert, supplier), and how the person fills the spot.
Supplier by supplying dog food to some pet store locations.
3) A description of how you found the person and contacted the person.
I asked to speak to someone at the Publix near the pet store an he gave me information on the supply chain they have going. 
4) The nature of the exchange you have with the person -- what favor did they do for you? What is the return expectation? 
They helped me out by giving me information on the supplies they give out. I assume he'll want me to continue shopping and he also wanted to double check the information I wrote down and read it back so it's accurate. 
5) How will including this person in your network enhance your ability to exploit an opportunity?
Publix sells lint rollers dog food and dog toys to people and businesses so in terms of pricing it's  a great comparison tool to have. 
Reflect
I mean because of the pandemic this wasn't as personal as other networking experiences I've had. I feel like it's less nerve racking communicating over the phone. It's definitely a step into the future of communication during these times so it's good to get practice. 

Comments

  1. Hello,
    I completely agree with you that this networking experience was not very personal because of the pandemic. However, I'm glad you were still able to speak to the three people and gain knowledge about the industry and your opportunity. I'm curious about your thoughts regarding the expectation of return. For Conway Dry Cleaners, you said the expectation is you continue to be a customer there. Do you think them helping you with this is part of their job or are they providing exceptional customer service outside of the standard duties? Either way, I'm glad you got to speak with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I think you did a great job in identifying and finding people that will benefit your company in the future. I can clearly see where each individual falls in terms of category and how they will be able to help you further your own company. I agree that because everything was conducted online and not in person it was not as personal. However I still think this captivity was great practice for the future !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment