26A
1) Tell us about a time this past semester that you failed -- whether in this class, or outside of this class. Don't spare any details! It'd be even better if there was something you tried several times this semester, and failed each time.
When I mas taking macro-economics I simultaneously broke up with my boyfriend. I spent the whole day studying and crying but failed t realize I had my test scheduled for online not in person. I missed the exam worth half my grade and had to drop the class.
2) Tell us what you learned from it.
I learned to be more attentive and pay more attention to my surroundings.
3) Reflect, in general, on what you think about failure. Failure is hard, isn't it? It's embarrassing, sure, but it also means that we have to change something about ourselves. Talk about how you handle failure (emotionally, behaviorally). Finally, talk about how this class has changed your perspective on failure -- are you more likely to take a risk now than you were just a few months ago?
During these current times I feel more inclined to take a risk because life is short and I'd rather try and fail then never know the outcome. Failure is very hard and it knocks you down but when you remember it isn't personal it makes it easier.
Hello,
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately I know the exact feeling of missing an exam and being forced to drop a class. Sometimes our personal life can distract us from our work or schoolwork and we completely forget about our responsibilities. As someone who never could really accept failure, I agree that not taking failure personally is very important. Otherwise, failure will keep us down and prevent us from the opportunity to grow.
Hello, it is always hard when issues within your personal life transcend into other aspects of your life as well. I know how frustrating this situation may have been and how unfortunate the timing of both were. However I am very glad to hear you are looking at this from a positive viewpoint and remember that failure is simply a part of life. I appreciate you saying you are more willing to take risks now and it is better to try something than not try at all.
ReplyDelete