Reading Reflection No. 1
1. Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future by Ashlee Vance.
What surprised me most is I had no idea he owned a percentage of Paypal. I admire how risky it was to fund two business and push for their success. I don't really admire the cocky attitude Musk takes on as a public figure. Musk did encounter a lot of adversity he had a dream to make humans not dependable on the use of oil and explore living on different planets. To make Space X and Tesla successful he risked loosing alot of money.
2. Elon Musk was very competent in his intelligence and specifically engineering. I also think he's competent in his investments and decisions and thought them through.
3. I find his success or rather luck confusing. How all of his ideas managed to play off each other positively and in his favor was pretty mind blowing.
4. Do you have more love for Tesla or SpaceX & what decision do you regret in your career.
5. I think his definition of hard work is more mental and strategic than physical. Work smarter not harder. I feel I share this philosophy as well but to a lesser extent because I have less to lose.
What surprised me most is I had no idea he owned a percentage of Paypal. I admire how risky it was to fund two business and push for their success. I don't really admire the cocky attitude Musk takes on as a public figure. Musk did encounter a lot of adversity he had a dream to make humans not dependable on the use of oil and explore living on different planets. To make Space X and Tesla successful he risked loosing alot of money.
2. Elon Musk was very competent in his intelligence and specifically engineering. I also think he's competent in his investments and decisions and thought them through.
3. I find his success or rather luck confusing. How all of his ideas managed to play off each other positively and in his favor was pretty mind blowing.
4. Do you have more love for Tesla or SpaceX & what decision do you regret in your career.
5. I think his definition of hard work is more mental and strategic than physical. Work smarter not harder. I feel I share this philosophy as well but to a lesser extent because I have less to lose.
I liked your take on Elon Musk’s idea of hard work. I feel the same way, that sometimes people spend so much time trying to work hard that they do not work smart. There is time, energy, money, etc. to be saved by working smarter. I would also like to know about decisions that he would regret or change. I think there is great value in learning from mistakes, whether your own or those of others. As far as feedback, I know that there was no minimum word requirement, but I would have liked to learn more about what you read.
ReplyDeleteHello!
ReplyDeleteI also read this book and found it very interesting. He is a very ambitious man and I really respect how willing he is to take risks in regard to his businesses! I totally agree that he comes off as extremely cocky and arrogant however, which is can be very off-putting. I also said that I would ask him a question regarding any regrets he has in regards to his career, but I think your other question about which business he likes more would be very tough for him to answer.