Napkin No. 1
1) You. Who you are. What your talents are. What your skills and experiences are. Also: what are your aspirations? Specifically regarding your business concept, how do you see this business (if you were to start it) playing a role in your life?
Because I have a dog of my own I have experiences with the challenges I'm hoping to address. With grooming big dogs, when dealing with pet hair. My business hopefully would play a role in my own prevention of dog hair all over my clothes.
2) What are you offering to customers? Describe the product or service (in other words, how you'll solve customers' unmet needs).
Since so many customers complained about the aesthetic look of their clothes with pet hair, my concept is a roll-up Velcro lint roller that is small enough to fit on a key chain to clean seats and clothes even when you've left the car and find some that you've missed. I also plan to have different colors and designs so it looks like an actual keychain.
3) Who are you offering it to? Describe, in as much detail as possible, the demographic and psychographic characteristics of your customers. Think especially of this question: what do your customers all have in common?
I'm offering it to dog owners specifically ones that care about their appearance or are allergic to pet hair and have breeds that shed.
4) Why do they care? Your solution is only valuable insofar as customers believe its valuable to them. Here, explain why customers will actually pay you money to use your product or service.
It's portable, it's subtle so it won't be bulky to carry around, it addresses the issue of hair everywhere and it helps with the aesthetic of peoples appearance.
5) What are your core competencies? What sets you apart from everyone else? Also: what do you have that nobody else has?
I have the design concept so hopefully customers will think its cute, and I have the portability aspect as well.
I would love one of your products! I can’t stand dog hair on my clothes and have been embarrassed more than a few times by the hair stuck to my clothes. May times I didn’t realize it was there until it was too late. I do have a couple questions for you as well: Do you feel that there is additional application out there besides dog hair? I understand that we were asked to target a specific segment, but is there idea for expansion as a very portable lint roller as well? I think there could be some expansion into the business world and for travelers who need something quick, compact, and portable.
ReplyDeleteHello,
ReplyDeleteI think this product is a great idea because I have two cats who shed a lot which often ends up all over my clothes. I think the design aspect is very unique which adds value towards your product. I am curious what type of designs you plan to make and who they are targeted for more specifically? Would the designs be meant for a specific age range or do you plan to have options available for people of all ages?
Hello,
ReplyDeleteI think this is a great idea and a product I would buy myself. I have two large dogs who shed quite a bit and leave a lot of fur on my own clothes. I think your product could be marketed towards a larger audience than just people who own dogs, as a velcro lint roller could be useful in a lot of situations. I think broadening your target audience could be very beneficial in the long run.