Halfway Reflection
1)
I feel like it's been a lot easier when I work on multiple assignments a little bit over a period of time. That way I'm not cramming for a deadline and can look at them and reflect. Sometimes I can even get feedback from friends and family. Whenever I have the sense to do that I always get my assignments in on or before the deadline and I'm proud of its contents. I've also got in the habit of looking at other peoples posts as a reference point for how much or little I've done per assignment.
2)
There have been several times where my lack of effort and life got in the way of my assignments. Initially I paid too little attention to this course and I didn't watch the lecture videos. Had I done that I would've known right off the bat that the assignments are invalid without the link to the blog post. Had the professor not felt generous that day all my hard work would have been invalidated and I would've done very poorly overall. Now I make sure to read and look through all details and instructions because I have no desire to fail a course or feel like I did less than my best.
3)
I would say one tip is give yourself an opportunity to improve. Whether that be messing up or doing sub par work, see how that makes you feel and hold onto that negative outcome for when you feel like not doing it. I would say to do a little each day so it's never a burden to complete the activities. & lastly reach out when you need help or don't understand an activity.
Hi,
ReplyDeleteI agree with you that effort is very important to succeeding in this course. I would even say this is the most important thing in succeeding. This includes putting effort towards the details such as directions and the lectures. Additionally, your advice to hold onto the negative feeling that subpar results can create is great! I think this type of mentality can translate outside of the classroom towards anything you'd like to improve at.
Hi Rose!
ReplyDeleteI really like how you are seeking out feedback outside of the class which I honestly think I should start doing. I can also agree that theres been some times where my attention and effort has lacked for posts in this class and I need to be sure I'm watching every single one of the lectures and videos each week. I'm also not usually a person to reach out for help or extra feedback but I know I need to start doing that because it only stands to benefit.