Bug List

Bug List
  1. Old iphones that slow down when the others come out.
    1. Why? Apple wants consumers to spend money on the newest version
  2. Slow internet connection at my mother's house
    1. Why? Three people including myself are connected to the Wifi
  3. The quiet speakers on my Imagine Book laptop 
    1. Why? It’s a poorly made device and cost less
  4. Converse that dirty quickly and hurt my toes
    1. Why? The shape is tight for aesthetic reasons and it's a white shoe
  5. Rubber band hair ties that pull your hair
    1. Why? It’s cheaper to make thin hair ties with rubber material
  6. Waterproof mascara that stays on for days
    1. Why? To counteract the elements
  7. Gold Forever 21 Jewelry that turns green
    1. Why? The material is cheap resulting in cheaper prices
  8. No show socks that slide down and don't fit your heel
    1. Why? To ensure it doesn’t show over the shoe
  9. Battery operated lights that go out and require more purchases
    1. Why? So they can light up without an outlet
  10. Expensive Derma Drinkables that don't work for acne
    1. Why? They want more profit and use fake result actors
  11. Clocks with no numbers so I have to take my time reading it
    1. Why? They look sleek and aesthetic
  12. Lack of emoji face movers on Iphone 8
    1. Why? So apple can entice customers to get the newer version
  13. Camera quality on Androids
    1. Why? Because all other features require high technology
  14. The greasiness of Elf’s eyebrow gel 
    1. Why? To make for an easy application
  15. Clearasil  5 scrub acne wash making me breakout more
    1. Why? To sell more by increasing the problem
  16. Dunkin Doughnuts not staying consistent with their pricing on alternative milk
    1. Why? Employees are not versed in a specific price from store to store
  17. Tik Tok generating stereotypes about relationships, and promoting body dysmorphia 
    1. Why? To encourage the use of the app by impressionable young girls
  18. Curl products making hair crunchy and dry
    1. Why? Companies often use harsh chemicals as substitutes for organic ingredients because it’s cheaper
  19. The taste of diet drinks
    1. Why? The aspartame and lack of sugar 
  20. Senor Frogs soliciting balloon animals during dinner without saying they cost money
    1. Why? To sell balloons to unknowing tourists during dinner

Reflection
I found this exercise semi- difficult. It was easier for me to think of people and activities that bugged me more than physical products and services. Especially during this pandemic I have found that alot people are very irritable and have alot of bugs themselves. Because of the nature of the situation many people have no control over contributing to some bugs I thought of.  It was easier for me to section my thinking into certain products and wear out the issues for each then move on to the next. Also thinking about my daily routine helped me to focus on the difficulties I face.

Comments

  1. Hi Rose,
    The first thing that stood out to me is I had no idea that Dunkin Donuts has different pricings for the milk alternatives based on the store which I've never noticed before. I'll be sure to look out for that now because I frequent a few Dunkin's in my area and I think thats really odd. Some of your bugs weren't as relatable to me because I personally don't pay too much attention to products typically marketed for women, but for the bugs that were relatable I felt they were really thought provoking. For example, the Senor Frogs one made me think of the people who walk around with shots in bars in New Orleans and don't tell you that they cost money until after they've pressured you into taking it. Additionally, the anolog clock one was funny because I've noticed a lot of younger people really dislike them for the fact that you can't check the time in a single passive glance like you can a digital clock. I also realized I don't see them often outside of classrooms anymore. I really enjoyed reading your bug list Rose!
    -Jack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rose,
    I thought your bug list was done well, and it was also focused on technology. I like that it was focused on technology, because a lot of new companies today are technology. However, I do think you could have been more specific. I was confused by the bug “camera quality on android”, because the explanation did not clarify anything. Overall, great job.
    -Josh

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment