Testing the Hypothesis
The who: Dog owners with pets that shed
The what: They won't let them in the car or on furniture
The why: The dogs cover whatever they sit on in hair
Theresa Aleguas
- What's your biggest concern about dog hair?
"It's not clean, it's unsanitary because the dog licks his bottom and eats poop. I have a lot of black clothing and it makes people look poorly groomed, it clogs up the vacuum cleaner, it causes respiratory issues for the family because we inhale it, it blows into the food refrigerator and air conditioner."
- Have you noticed this issue among other dog owners
"I don't know any other dog owners so I can't respond."
- Do you think its more difficult for large dog owners
"Yes there's more dog hair and its harder to contain the dog because he's larger."
- How would you approach this issue?
"I would have the dog owner take responsibility of regularly vacuuming and grooming the dog to reduce the amount of hair, I would provide lint rollers in convenient places to clean."
- Why do you think it's such a communal concern?
"Because dog hair is airborne and gets everywhere, any dog that lives inside impact all the family members."
- Why do you think some animals shed more than others?
"It's the dog breed or lack of good owner grooming on the dog. If a dog if groomed and bathed regularly there is less hair. It's a combination of maintenance of the house as cleaning on a regular schedule and cleaning brushing and wiping the dog down with pet wipes."
Desiree Dominguez
- What's your biggest concern about dog hair?
"My biggest concern about dog hair is that it sticks to everything, makes clothes look dirty and can trigger others allergies."
- Have you noticed this issue among other dog owners
"Yes I have found that many dog owners struggle with their pet shedding excessively."
- Do you think its more difficult for large dog owners
"Yes I believe it is more difficult with larger pets."
- How would you approach this issue?
"I would approach this issue by making sure to brush the dog daily and use skin/fur sensitive shampoo when bathing the dog once weekly."
- Why do you think it's such a communal concern?
"Its a communal concern because most people prefer hairless furniture clothes and houses. I also believe people have concerns to allergies and shedding."
- Why do you think some animals shed more than others?
"I believe certain larger longer haired dogs shed more."
Heather Bazley
- What's your biggest concern about dog hair?
"My biggest concern about dog hair is it getting on and ruining my furniture. It is also very hard to clean and spreads very quickly."
- Have you noticed this issue among other dog owners
"I have noticed this issue with other dog owners and they too agree it's very hard to maintain."
- Do you think its more difficult for large dog owners
"I do feel as though having a larger dog is more difficult for dog owners but i also feel it depends on how much they shed."
- How would you approach this issue?
"I would approach this issue by searching online for how to maintain/clean dog hair and see if there is a device or a technique."
- Why do you think it's such a communal concern?
"I feel it's a communal concern due to many dog owners around the world and they too are experiencing the same issue and inconvenience."
- Why do you think some animals shed more than others?
"I feel some animals shed more than others due to some breeds having shedding seasons for their new coat to come in, it really depends on the animal."
Brandon Pascente
- What's your biggest concern about dog hair?
"My biggest concern about dog hair is it get's everywhere, as a person who's such a neat freak it drives me crazy."
- Have you noticed this issue among other dog owners
"I have noticed it certainly, certain species of dogs shed more than others."
- Do you think its more difficult for large dog owners
"I do think it's difficult for large dog owners because there's just more dog to fur ratio"
- How would you approach this issue?
"I usually like to use one of those grooming gloves they pick up the hair really well"
- Why do you think it's such a communal concern?
"I think its a communal concern because being allergic to dander and pet hair don't have to tie directly into having a dog. If you clean up avidly and take care of the space where your animal lives then you'll experience an increase in both parties living standards"
Asha Toliver
- What's your biggest concern about dog hair?
"It's honestly pretty nasty I don't like it around me and on all my clothes and furniture. There's no way of getting it off easily once its on my stuff so it's difficult to fix.
- Have you noticed this issue among other dog owners
"The dog owners I know all have dogs that shed everywhere it's pretty common"
- Do you think its more difficult for large dog owners
"I have a huge pitbull and no matter how much I brush and clean him he still sheds everywhere so yes."
- How would you approach this issue?
" I try to minimize hair by keeping my dog extra clean and brushing him whenever I get the chance.
- Why do you think it's such a communal concern?
"Dogs impact whoever lives in the house no just the owner."
- Why do you think some animals shed more than others?
"The larger the animal the easier it is to have hair come off everywhere."
Summary
From these interviews I learned alot about the sanitary implications as well as the aesthetic opportunity I was originally looking at. I also got feedback that it makes people look like they don't take care of themselves with dog hair all over them which is another opportunity The last part I got was allergies as well with extreme shedding.
Hi,
ReplyDeleteIt is true that dog hair can be an inconvenience to everyone, especially when it is everywhere, but one thing to note about this idea is how and where would things such as lint rollers be placed for convenience of others? Would they be outside establishments available for sale? And is this a product that specifically targets dog hair, making it more effective than any other materials already available?